Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Symphony of Clouds

Margaret Larlham's Symphony of Clouds was such a cute show, I really enjoyed it. I wish I would've brought my little brother to see the production because i think he would have enjoyed it also. Margaret's show was perfect for a younger audience. it was definitely a show that you could bring the entire family to see, and I loved that quality that her show had. It's refreshing to see something completely new and creative. Margaret is such a talented director. She is so innovative and artistic and those shining qualities of her were really showcased through her production of Symphony of Clouds. 

I wasn't too sure what to expect when I saw the show because it was rumored that it was more for a younger audience, in some people's opinions. But, first of all I don't see anything wrong with that. Aecond, I felt that the show was actually quite well rounded, and was also appealing towards adults. The show was very clever and visually well done. The acting was also very good. I really enjoyed the hair dresser bit! I loved that two little girls were called up onto the stage, from the audience, and were incorporated into the show. I really thought that was neat and definitely a different twist that added to the charisma of the production.

Something else that caught my eye about the production was the costumes. The costumes were very appropriate for the time frame that the play is set. Also, the costumes were very free and light weight which was refreshing to see. I felt that the actors were free to move about, and that their costumes were not constricting of them. The design of the costumes also added to the light weight and carefree feeling to the production.

Overall, Symphony of Clouds was a very well done and creative production! Props to Margaret Larlham! Bravo!

No comments:

Post a Comment